As part of its regular programs to improve research capacity, publications and general academic atmosphere, CEDS is conducting the 3rd Annual Research Workshop and Small Research Grant (SRG-10) competition on 21-22 September 2012.
As part of the agenda, there will be a talk on “How to communicate research findings to public audience” by Mr. Budhiana Kartawijaya. Mr. Kartawijaya is the chief editor (pemimipin redaksi) Pikiran Rakyat newspaper and has years of experience as a journalist.
All lecturers and researchers of the department of economics, Padjadjaran University are invited to submit concept proposals in all area of economics for the competition.
The detail process for the competition is as follows:
- Concept proposal is submitted not later than 18 September, 2012
- Revised concept proposal is presented at the research workshop on
21 September 2012
- Final short presentation after accommodating reviewer’s comments is
presented again on 22 September 2012
- Decision to grant the proposal will be made at the end of the 22
September 2012 workshop.
The competition is open to all lecturers and researchers at the
Department of Economics, Faculty of Economics, Padjadjaran University
who can attend the research workshop. The grant is 10 millions rupiahs.
The research workshop is to be held at CEDS Jalan Cimandiri 6-8.
Agenda for the research workshop is as follows:
Day 1 (Friday, 21 September 2012)
- 9AM-11.30AM – “Communicating research findings to public audience”
Budhiana Kartawijaya (Pemimpin Redaksi HU Pikiran Rakyat)
- 11.30AM-13PM – Lunch and Friday Prayer
- 13PM-17PM – Proposal presentations and discussions
Day 2 (Saturday, 22 September 2012)
- 9AM – 12PM – Revised proposal presentation
- 12PM – 13PM – Lunch break
- 13PM – 15PM – Revised proposal presentation (continued)
- 15PM – 16PM – Granting ceremony.